I Wore the Jeans All the Supermodels Have Been Wearing to Fashion Week

The trendiest denim of 2019 looks great on the supermodels, but I found myself wondering how easy it would be to pull off leopard print and a baggy boyfriend fit IRL. Would cargos make my abs look like Emily Ratajkowski's? I wanted to know. (Spoiler: not really.) But when I took the freshest crop of styles for a whirl during Fashion Week this season, I did discover a few flattering ways to wear them anyway.

The trends in question? Colored denim, animal pattern, a baggy slouch, ultra-flares (think Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen in the early 2000s), and cargos, aka carpenter pants. Now, before I give you the background on my approach to the challenge, there are a few things you should know. Firstly, everyone's body type is different. Yes, I know you're well aware. But what I'm trying to say is I'm 5'1" and petite, but with athletic legs and a booty, so the jeans I slipped into might look totally different on you than they do on me.

But I made it my mission to construct outfits that I could envision on a wide range of figures. I aimed for universally flattering proportions, crafting looks that are effortless and not too involved, but still feel modern. I incorporated a tie-dye top, a rainbow puffer, and even seashell jewelry, since I wanted to keep things on trend. My "Limited Too" combination with bell bottoms might've felt basic in 2004, but now it's a throwback statement we're seeing all over the streets.

While it's easy to stick to your favorite skinnies or mom jeans and throw on a cardigan, I invite you to embrace these five new silhouettes with me and take my tips for pulling them off. I can't promise you'll instantly feel like a supermodel when you look in the mirror, but I can promise you the confidence of that girl, the one who has updated her wardrobe for the new year and is damn proud of it.



from POPSUGAR Fashion https://ift.tt/2IvHEGw

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.