I Want to Be Wearing That: Kaia Gerber's Tube Top and Bucket Hat

I saw the bucket hats. I acknowledged them on the runway, and I even compiled endless outfit inspiration surrounding the accessory. My friend and fellow fashion editor Nik looks great in one, and yet, I just haven't been excited to pull the trigger and buy my own. That is, until I spotted Kaia Gerber in her Prada version at Coachella. I don't think it's just the graphic print or the groovy lettered logo that's finally caused me to stir (though, I'm admittedly obsessed with everything Miuccia Prada creates).

I believe it's the way Kaia wore it, with '90s staples like mom jeans, high-top Converse, and a simple tube top, along with some layered necklaces and tiny gold hoops. The bucket hat didn't just go well with her outfit, it belonged there. I also like that Kaia's pattern is fun - it can be a conversation starter, and I think I'd even be thrilled to wear it on a good hair day. I can't be 100 percent sure that I wouldn't have eventually invested in the trend anyway, but I can be sure that when I shop this incredible combination in just a moment, I'll be saying, "Kaia made me do it."

Shop clockwise from top left: H&M 2-Pack Cotton Tube Tops ($7), Prada Jacquard Hat ($420), Mango Mom Slim Jeans ($60), Converse Chuck Taylor High Top Sneaker ($55), Alexander Wang Attica Soft Large Fanny Pack ($795)



from POPSUGAR Fashion http://bit.ly/2IBG9oK

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.