“Obsessed” Doesn’t Even Begin to Describe My Feelings About This $51 Boilersuit

For the most part, my style is really simple - I oscillate between feminine and tailored, opting for midi skirts and dresses on most occasions (work, weddings, airplanes . . . JK, on a flight, catch me in head-to-toe sweats) or jeans with a great button-down shirt or blazer. I don't experiment with trends too often, and when I do, it's in the form of baby steps. Once in a while, though, I'm tempted by an ubertrendy piece, and lately, that piece is a boilersuit.

Now I know what you must be asking yourself: "What the heck is a boilersuit?" Well, it's a onesie of sorts that's basically a jumpsuit, but more utilitarian. Think coveralls, but with a fashionable twist.

I've spotted these one-piece wonders on some of my favorite street style stars over the past couple of seasons at fashion week and noticed them popping up in more Spring collections than I could count - after all, utility is one of this season's biggest trends.

Since I've learned that trendier buys usually end up in my donate pile in a matter of weeks, I knew I wanted to take on the boilersuit look via an affordable version. And that's where the POPSUGAR Collection at Kohl's comes in. While previewing the April drop, I quickly realized it contained not one, but two boilersuits in the exact silhouette I've been wanting to try: cropped, with long sleeves, and in a lightweight fabric conducive to warmer weather. The fact that both styles are currently on sale for $51 was the icing on the cake, which meant my foray into the boilersuit world was a go.

Ahead, see how I styled the boilersuit three different ways, and if you're inspired, shop my exact looks head to toe. Spoiler alert: I'm officially sold on the trend.



from POPSUGAR Fashion https://ift.tt/2uNbsVq

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.