Tackle Your Closet Spring Cleaning with These 10 Easy Tips to Make Your Closet Feel More Like a Boutique

I’m so excited to give you guys a BABY PEEK at my closet. We are still waiting on some details, so I’m probably a couple months from the full reveal but whenever my home office or house is disorganized, it’s impossible for me to focus or be productive. Now that we are in our new house, I’m trying to start off on the right foot and make sure we have a place for everything so it’s easier to keep tidy! My closet which is probably the hardest for me to keep organized, so I had an organizing service help me so I could make it the most functional. I wanted to share a few tips to start your closet spring cleaning off right!

DETAILS : DRAWER DIVIDERS (ON SALE 25% OFF – ALSO LOVE THIS LINEN DIVIDER SET)

1. Drawer Dividers: You know you are an adult when The Container Store is one of your favorite places to shop 😂but having the right organizers makes such a huge difference! You Marie Kondo fans have noticed she uses drawer dividers (also love these) and now that I’ve started using them there’s no going back. You can use any boxes you have around the house, but the uniform look feels so much more finished and it helps me what to keep my drawers organized. Same goes for these shelf dividers – life-changing!

2. Folding Tricks: Another trick I learned is to fold all your clothes and stack them all next to each other instead of on top of each other. You’ll be able to see everything in one glance, so you don’t have to go digging at the bottom of any stacks and destroying your piles in the process. It also helps you maximize your drawer space so you are using every corner more efficiently. (I’ve always struggled with pants but actually LOVE how they look folded up this way in the dresser!)

3. Label It: Can I tell you how excited I was to get a label maker!! I opt for over-labeling. I like having it clear so I can’t forget and I just love the way they look! Anyone else?? I labeled all my drawers, the subsections of my drawers, and the storage bins on my top shelves. I knew it would help me be better about putting clothes away right where they go. And for bins that show that you need a bigger label for – these gold label holders are so cute! I used them in our laundry room and love them!

DETAILS: STORAGE BINS (ON SALE 25% OFF)

4. Think Vertically: Making the most of vertical space isn’t limited to drawers – take advantage of every shelf by storing some of your less-frequently used items in bins or organizers towards the type of your closet (these are the ones I used). Storage bins (25% off) can absolutely transform a closet and make it look really high-end (love these and these are 25% off). The bins are also an easy way to store some of the pieces that aren’t as pretty when displayed. I put the less frequently used items up high depending on the season. Then I also have some of these pretty boxes on lower shelves for belts and more day to day items that are easy to access without using a step ladder. (Also, using the same colored hanger makes everything look more unified!)

DETAILS: STORAGE BINS (ON SALE 25% OFF)

5. Keep Your Go-Tos Within Reach: To my earlier point, you want to keep that pieces that are in constant rotation somewhere convenient since you’ll reach for them so often. Keep your belts and day-to-day accessories in bins on lower shelves that are easily accessible and store some of your seasonal pieces like mittens and gloves in bins that you can stick on a high shelf until you need them.

DETAILS: PURSE FILLERS | PURSE STAND ( ACTUALLY A PLATE STAND 😉

6. Displaying > Decorating: If you’re anything like me, shoes and bags are some of the most beautiful things you own, so why not display them!? I am obsessed with these purse stands (this was actually a tip from the organizers that came in – use plate or book stands) that help keep your handbags from falling down and make it easier to display them, and having them all out in eyesight means they all get more use instead. (Has anyone else found a bag they loved buried and forgotten in their closet? I mean it’s a bit like Christmas, so not all bad, haha but I think it’s even better to have all of your bag options out in plain sight.) Also, I never used to stuff my bags and when we moved I noticed a lot of them were losing shape and kind of flimsy. I realized it’s 100% worth getting the bag stuffers to help them keep their shape and value. I love these.

7. Keep your favorite boxes: Everybody has that special pair of shoes or bag that you are most proud of that comes in a box that still gets you excited every time you look at it – add some of that magic to your closet and display those pretty boxes as decoration! It also doubles as storage for those seasonal items you don’t need to access as often.

DETAILS: LINEN JEWELRY TRAY (ON SALE 25% OFF) | JEWELRY STORAGE KIT (ON SALE 25% OFF)

8. Display Jewelry: I love how chic and simple these accent organizers are! My closet is still a work in progress so I haven’t laid out all my jewelry yet, but I love how it’s coming together and they are on sale right now so I wanted to share ASAP.

9. Shoe Shapers: Boots are typically some of the higher-ticketed items in our closet. they last for seasons, so help keep them in shape and aging better with shapers! They also help keep it more unified for looks too. 😉

10. Purge! This is my biggest tip before you start organizing. take everything out, and as you decide what to keep ask yourself: Am I excited to wear this? Have I worn it in the last 12 months? Does it make me happy? If there is any hesitation with any of those three questions just LET IT GO! It’s easier to maintain a space with less clutter and things you are excited to wear and use!

The Container Store has up to 25% off closet essentials right now so it’s the perfect way to kick off tackling your own closet if you need that extra incentive haha.

Below are a few more products I am obsessed with:

I would love to hear if you have any other tips you use for getting organized!

XX, Christine

*Thank you to The Container Store for providing some of these storage/organizing pieces. ❤

 

The post Tackle Your Closet Spring Cleaning with These 10 Easy Tips to Make Your Closet Feel More Like a Boutique appeared first on Hello Fashion.



from Hello Fashion http://bit.ly/2W0TKtz

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.